PLEASE NOTE: Changing skin & eye textures in the HUD will be disabled until you activate Omega. (See instructions below). If you do not want to activate Omega on Alexis, you’ll find a box of (no-omega) version of your avatar as well as the 5 eye colors in your kit. You can add these manually to your AV. All other functions in the HUD should work fine!
Also, I am always striving to make Alexis better. Rather than spam you with new updates, please go to any casper redelivery terminal to get the latest version. If you do want me to send you Casper updates, please let me know and I will be happy to send you casper re-deliveries manually.
PUT ON YOUR AVATAR
First, choose which avatar version you want to use. Open either:
- .:pixies:. BOX OPEN Alexis micro .25m (Omega) AVATAR (*recommended) or
- .:pixies:. BOX OPEN Alexis micro .25m (no Omega) AVATAR
Second, take off all standard avatar attachments you don’t need (hair, shoes, etc).
Third, right click the items below in your inventory and ‘add’ them in the following order:
- pixie full alpha
- pixie shape
- avatar BODY
- avatar HEAD (pointy ears or normal ears)
- avatar EYES
- avatar HUD (attaches to the bottom/left corner but can be moved)
- pixies fairy AO with tiny view OR just the tiny view HUD (if you want to use your own AO)
- fairy lights (optional)
- add Saelihn Aqua clothes (wings, skirt, outfit)
- eyes or body looking warped? Detach, then re-add the body part or do a relog (don’t worry no one can see you like that – it’s client side rendering)
- depending on the stands in your AO, you may want to adjust your hover height.
- right click your avatar >> appearance >> hover height. My micro is set at 0.010.
- minimum avatar shadows settings (in preferences) >> simplified
INSTRUCTIONS TO ACTIVATE OMEGA ON ALEXIS
Follow the instructions here. (make sure you wear ALL Omega parts for the installation: body, both heads, eyes, clothing & underwear)
Once installed, your skin & eye buttons in your HUD should work automatically for you. You will also be able to use skin, eyes & clothes from vendors utilizing the Omega Applier system.
What to wear?
A simple search on Marketplace will give you a wide range of options. (Please note: rigged & fitted mesh clothing/hair/accessories will not work with Alexis). Check out LNL’s shopping page and Omega Ladies on Flickr for some goodies. I also started putting together a LookBook for all the different looks you can have with Alexis. Tattoo/makeup layers are in the works. Stay tuned for updates – don’t forget to subscribe!
Keep this Omega kit handy for upgrades or any problems you may experience with the Omega system.
RE-SIZE YOUR STANDARD SIZE MOD HAIR, SHOES, ETC.
– rez the hair/shoes to the ground
– right click the item and add the re-size script included in your notecard
– rename the hair/shoes & bring back to inventory (so you can find it later 🙂
– right click the hair/shoes & ‘add’ to your AV
– stand on a pose stand (optional but recommended)
– click the hair/shoes and re-size (do not use max or minimum size)
– when you’re happy with the size, click & delete the script
– enjoy!! 😀
Right click & wear. This HUD currently appears on the bottom left of your screen.
To relocate the placement on your screen:
- right click the icon on your screen & choose ‘edit’
- minimize window by scrolling down with your mouse wheel until you see the green arrows
- move it left or right (it must be in the bottom area)
- get out of edit mode to save
To save your own avatar color presets:
- choose a color on the color wheel
- click an arrow to save it to that palette
Clear the color on your avatar
Touching parts of the hud may change your avatar color. To clear it, touch the white palette in the avatar color section. We are working on this fix. (Apologies in advance).
=> I recommend detaching the HUD when you are finished customizing your avatar to minimize script usage.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR AVATAR without OMEGA appliers
TO CHANGE THE SKIN MANUALLY (you must have your own head, torso & leg textures)
- Rez a copy of the body & head to the ground
- Rename (so you can find it later)
- Right click and edit the parts & check off ‘Select Face’ in the menu
- Choose each section (head, torso & legs) and drag each texture to the
- Rename the body parts
- Bring back to inventory
- ‘add’ it to your AV
TO CREATE YOUR OWN CLOTHES MANUALLY
The same applies to the above but add top or bottom textures to the full perm clothing and underwear parts in your kit.)
SELL CLOTHES FOR PIXIES
To create clothes using the Omega system, you can find the free dev kit for designers at LNL.
We also include full perm underwear, clothing parts & eyes for free in your avatar pack. Feel free to use the logo below (right image click and save) and advertise in our Flickr group.
If you have not purchased the mesh avatar kit yet, you can also find the clothing templates in our Demo & Designer Pack.
(Version 3.7 has a no-feet BODY version. You can either upgrade at any CasperVend terminal or follow directions below)
TAKE OFF YOUR FEET (so you can wear other prim feet)
- rez the body to the ground
- right click & edit it
- rename it to something like BODY-NoFeet
- check off ‘edit linked’
- select the feet only
- either Ctrl Shift L
- or use top toolbar >> Build >> Unlink
- select feet only and delete
- Take the body back to inventory & add to avatar
!⇒ (For omega to continue working on your body, you must keep the torso and legs linked. The torso must be the root)
!⇒We will be adding a hide feet function soon. Make sure you join our group inworld or subscribe to this blog below.
OTHER GOODIES IN THE PIXIE KIT
FAIRY AO / TINY EYE VIEW
You can use either one. Add it (will appear in the top of the screen)
- the Fairy AO has the tiny eye view button at the top (press logo to turn on/off)
- press arrows to minimize
- If you want to use your own AO, choose the ‘tiny eye view HUD’. This will also appear at the top. (press logo to turn on/off)
- wear it
- will automatically show when you walk & fly
If you should have any problems or questions, feel free to email me in the contact form below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.